Organising committee of ECREA Symposium Digital Democracy: Critical Perspectives in the Age of Big Data is looking for abstracts for individual as well as panel proposals. The event is a joint conference of two ECREA Sections: Communication and Democracy; and Media Industries and Cultural Production.
The conference is organised on 10 – 11 November 2017 in Södertörn University, Stockholm, Sweden.
Here are some examples of possible topics:
- Political subjectivities and political agency in the age of Big Data
- Political consequences of storing, processing and organizing of data
- Civic engagement and political participation in times of Big Data
- Surveillance and preemptive policing
- Materiality and environmental issues of Big Data and algorithmic culture
- New actors and discourses in the context of datafication
- Democratic potential of Big Data and algorithmic culture
- Algorithmic taste management in the media industries
- Archives and archiving of cultural production and civic engagement
- Media work and labour in datafied media industries
- Data Journalism
The full CFP is available here. Deadline for abstracts is on 1st June 2017.