The Commentary and Criticism section of Feminist Media Studies is calling for papers on the topic “Gender, Migration, and the Media”.
[spoiler title=’Submissions may address topics such as:’ style=’default’ collapse_link=’true’]* Gender and migration in the media
* Gender and political/cultural citizenship
* The gendering of asylum seekers in Western immigration policies
* Gender in artistic and/or literary discourses on migration
* “Subjects” and “objects” in storytelling by or about women migrants
* Intra-European media coverage on migration
* Social media and refugee narratives
* Gendered migration routes[/spoiler]
The “Commentary and Criticism” section of /Feminist Media Studies/ aims to publish brief (~1000 words), timely responses to current issues in feminist media culture, for an international readership. Submissions may pose a provocation, describe work in progress, or propose areas for future study. We encourage all submissions to strategically mobilize critique to also offer a productive contribution to both feminist politics and media studies. Submissions must go beyond mere description in order to be considered for publication in “Commentary and Criticism”.
Submission deadline is 18 June 2018.
See the full call for papers on the ECREA mailing list.