A three-day conference on the interplay of digital media and society, entitled “Journalism, Society and Politics in the Digital Media Era”, is looking for paper proposals. The conference will take place between the 1st and 3rd of September 2017 in Limassol, Cyprus. Selected papers will be considered for an edited volume.
The organisers are especially “interested in papers that examine the interplay between digital journalism and the political environments”. The conference carries five sub-themes, under which each submission should fit. The themes are:
- Journalism, Politics and Democracy in the Digital Media Era
- Digital Journalism, Ethics and Society
- Marketing and Economics in the Digital Media Era
- Digital Journalism: Funding, Practices and Content
- Journalism and Audiences in the Digital Media Era
Paper abstracts are due on February 27th 2017, and decisions on them will be sent out on March 10th.
Further information of the event, including the full call for papers, is available on the conference website.