The journal Sur le journalisme is looking for papers for its upcoming special issue on local journalism. The issue is entitled “Local News: sustainability, participation and community life” and it is edited by David Domingo, of Université Libre de Bruxelles, Josep-Àngel Guimerà i Orts, of Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, and Andy Williams, of Cardiff University.
The editors specify the issue’s focus on the following themes:
- the evolving role of professional journalism in the production of the public sphere
- the changes and/or continuities in the content of news in local communities
- new business models aimed at local media sustainability
- media policies which regulate local media ecosystems
- involvement of the publics in supporting local media
Full submissions are due on March 30th 2017. Articles may be written in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
The full call for papers is available on the journal’s website.