A workshop entitled “Hybrid journalism, celebrities and popular culture: rethinking newsworthiness” is calling for paper proposals. It will take place in Dubrovnik, Croatia, on the 28th and 29th of May 2018. The workshop is part of the Information Technology and Journalism conference, which begins the next day after the workshop.
The organisers have provided a (non-exhaustive) list of paper topics, which includes:
- Celebrity news and what has changed in the age of Kardashians?
- News, public relations and new forms of advertising (native)
- Virality vs. quality – is virality all it matters?
- Fake news and social media
- Changes in citizen journalism
Paper abstracts must be submitted by April 15, and acceptance notifications will be sent five days later. Full presentations are due on May 10.
The full call for papers is available from the ECREA mailing list archives.