The journal Anthropologica is calling for article submissions for its upcoming special issue. The issue is themed “Media, culture and social change: From an anthropological
interdisciplinary perspective” and it is guest-edited by Raul Castro Pérez, of Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
The journal invites accepts submissions in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Suggested topics include (but are not limited to):
- Political anthropology of the media: the state, media ownership, civil society responses
- Press, radio, cinema, and TV in the digital age
- Transnational media flows and cultures
- Media audience ethnographies, audiences, and case studies
- Media and social identities
- Political mobilization, online media and digital citizenship
- New practices and media cultures: youtubers, causes, viral and selfies
Submissions are due on November 15. The full call for papers is available from the ECREA mailing list archives.