The conference entitled “Docusophia: Documentary/Philosophy International Conference” is now open to paper proposals. The event will take place in Tel Aviv, Israel, between the 22nd and 24th of May 2018.
The conference is interested in various intersections of documentaries and philosophy, from documentaries on philosophy to the philosophy of documentaries. The (non-exhaustive) list of topic suggestion includes themes such as:
- Documentary, theory and/v.s. praxis
- Documentaries on philosophy and philosophers
- Imposters and frauds: the status of documentary truth in the 21st century
- Phenomenology and documentary (e.g., cinema verite, experiential documentary)
- Political philosophy and the political documentary
Paper abstracts should be submitted by January 15 and acceptees will be notified by February 1.
The full call for papers is available through the ECREA mailing list archive.