A conference entitled “Excavating Media: Devices, Processes, Apparatuses” is calling for paper proposals. The conference is hosted by the University of Cambridge in Cambridge, UK, on the 30th of June and 1st of July 2017.
The organisers invite “proposals that consider new approaches to media theory and history”. The (non-exhaustive) list of suggested topics consists of:
- Media and the construction of historical narrative
- How do media transpire and expire?
- How have digital media transformed our perception of older media forms?
- The philosophy of technology: technics and techne
- How do we distinguish between media and the intermedial?
- Polemics on recent approaches, such as ‘media archaeology’ and ‘cultural techniques’
- How do media condition and produce knowledge?
The deadline for abstract submissions is April 22nd, and acceptees will be notified by the end of April.
Further information of the event is available at the conference website.