The sixth annual International Symposium on Media Innovations is now looking for paper submissions. The event will take place on the 16th and 17th of October 2017 in Tallinn, Estonia. Selected papers will be published in the open access Journal of Media Innovations.
The event is interested in innovations and change in general, “in all kinds of contemporary media”. The organisers have suggested a number of topics, including:
- Fake News as a disruption to media industries
- Data driven innovations in media
- User-driven innovations in media
- Innovation in advertising formats and strategies
- Innovation in media policies
Extended paper abstracts (maximum of 750 words) are due on May 15th 2017. Acceptees will be notified in June, and full papers must be submitted by September 15th.
Further information on the symposium is available on the University of Tallinn website.