The Tracing entanglements in media history conference, organised by the Entangled Media Histories (EMHIS) network is looking for paper submissions. The event will be held in Lund, Sweden, between the 17th and 19th of May 2017.
The conference organisers invite papers especially on the following themes:
- Entangled agents, including transnational/transmedial connections, encounters, collaborations and networks
- Entangled products/materialities, including the transfer, flow or circulation of media formats, content or objects
- Entangled practices, including aspects of media production, dissemination, and use
- Entangled frameworks, including transnational/transmedial aspects of media politics, legislation, and economy
- Entangled arenas, including perspectives on public spheres and communicative configurations reflecting specific political, social, cultural or geographic conditions
Paper abstracts are due on the 14th of December. Acceptees will be notified by early January, and extended abstracts are due by April 1st.
Further information of the event is available on the conference website
Edited on 2.12.2016: The abstract deadline was changed, as per the organisers’ announcement of extension. An earlier version of this news also falsely stated the conference’s location, which has now been corrected.