The international conference Bridges of Media Education 2017 is calling for papers. The event is organised on 15-16 September 2017 in Novi Sad, Serbia by the Department of Media Studies, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Novi Sad.
The foundations of journalism have been shaken in the recent decades. The profound changes in the economic, technological, structural and societal basis of journalism are pressuring for renewal of journalism education.
Papers are welcomed in line with the following topics, but are not limited to these:
- Skills and competences for future journalists
- Theory and practice in journalism education
- Social media and journalism education
- Teaching new forms of journalism
- Professional norms and identity in journalism education
- Critical reflections on journalism education
Deadline for abstracts is 30 April 2017. Further information is available here.