The ECREA 2018 Preconference “Dissolving Boundaries of Hybrid Journalism” is calling for papers.
The preconference aims at exploring uncovered and new forms of hybrid journalism in order to map potential instances of boundary crossing or dissolving boundaries in the field*. *Overall, the preconference wants to challenge conventional and oversimplifying concepts of journalism, particularly with regard to the use of data.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
* The role of data-driven reporting in shaping the journalistic culture
* The borderline between activism and journalism
* Hybrid journalism and investigative journalism
* The importance of cybersecurity for and its impact on journalism
* Alternative technologies and networks for reporting and news-making
* The consequences of dissolving boundaries and shifting norms for
* Ethical challenges of hybrid journalism
* The amalgamation of pop culture and news reporting
* The consequences for newsmaking of different role conceptions of
actors participating in the networked news production
* Specific genres of hybrid journalism
* Hybrid forms of journalism and advertising
* The organizational implementation of hybrid journalism
Abstracts of 500 words should be sent by 30 April 2018.
Read the full call for papers.