The New Directions in Media, Communication and Sociology (NDiMS) Conference 2017 invites PhD-students and early career researchers to submit an abstract for the NDiMS 2017, taking place at the University of Leicester on the 3th of July, 2017.
Theme of the conference is Mobilities and Solidarities in Times of Social Change.
Contributions for papers, specifically but not exclusively, should touch upon the following themes:
- Becoming: youth, childhood, generations
- Belonging, Identities, Citizenship
- Class, Race and Gender
- Cultural and Media Industries
- Digital networks and communication
- Diaspora and Transnationalism
- Exchange, Labour and (Re)Production
- Media Audiences
- Media Production and Representations
- Media and Development
- Migration and other kinds of Mobility
- (New) Media and Politics
- (New) Media and Culture
- (New) Media, Journalism and News
- (New) Media and Society
- (Innovative) Research Methods of Social Change
- Public Communication
- Public Sociology / Activism
- Science and Technology Studies
- Social Movements
The title of your work and an abstract of maximum 300 words should be sent by Sunday, 28 May, 23.59 GMT to Mirjam Twigt, email@example.com, Aynur Unal, firstname.lastname@example.org and Sagar Sonawane, email@example.com.
You will be notified by the 5 June whether the abstract is accepted. There are limited slots available for attendees who do not present their own work.
Costs: The conference fee is £10. This is a contribution in solidarity with those attendees whose do not have PhD-funding that covers travel costs. These attendees can contact us for additional travel funding. There is a cap of £ 75,- and is based upon a first come first serve-policy.
Read more from the ECREA mailing list post.