On 25-26 October 2018 the annual Moscow Readings conference will be held at the Faculty of Journalism, Lomonosov Moscow State University. The topic of the conference this year is “Digital Transformations of Mass Media: Regional, National and Global Aspects”.
“We encourage conference participants to discuss current state of media and look into possible trends of media industry’s development in both global and national contexts. Furthermore, we invite presentations discussing the state of regional and local media in Russia, media production and distribution processes abroad and other issues that have rarely been in the spotlight of researchers before. Lastly, we welcome researches discussing the impact of television upon print media as well as new media under current digitalization and multimedization processes”, the organizers state.
General topics and questions for discussion:
• History and current trends of media development;
• Regulation and self-regulation of media;
• Mass media and audience: the shift from mass communication to specialized media;
• Values and mission of media today;
• Mass media in the digital era: current challenges and prospects;
• Newspapers and magazines in digital environment: issues of interaction and mutual influence;
• Regional and local media in Russia: current state and trends of development;
• Journalism education and modern media: goals, challenges and prospects in the new digital era
Deadline for abstract submission and registration is 15 August 2018.
Link to full call for papers.