Specific topics of relevance to this special issue and upon which submissions are invited include, but are not limited to:
• How do ecosystems in the media (creative) industries differ from other industry sectors in terms of their strategic management?
• How does research on the specificities of the media (creative) industries challenge or expand theories in strategic management?
• How can media firms build and maintain competitive advantage in a changing world characterized by increasing uncertainty, complexity and competition?
• How can strategic management research in the areas of platform markets, networks, multi-sided markets, ambidexterity, sharing, and crowdfunding be applied to the media (creative) industries?
• How can theories from strategic management explain particular strategic leadership challenges faced by media companies?
• How can the strategic drivers of family firms and other ownership forms in the media (creative) industries be explained?
• What can other technology-driven industries affected by vertical unbundling and industry convergence learn from strategic management of media organizations?