The annual conference of the Journalism Education and Research Association of Australia (2017 JERAA) is organised on 4-6 December, 2017. This years event is called The Second Coming of Journalism? Rebirth, resurrection, renewal, resistance, resurgence and it is hosted by The University of Newcastle.
The conference invites papers that explore, analyse and contest the idea of a resurging journalism and how that idea fits into the following themes:
- Truth in a post-truth world
- Fake news: opinions vs facts vs alternative facts
- Comedy and news: a marriage of convenience?
- Beyond the capitals: is the future of journalism in the regions?
- Advocacy journalism: collaboration for a community outcome
- How do we best prepare contemporary undergraduate and postgraduate students?
Deadline for abstracts is on July 1. For further information, please visit the conference website