An ECREA TWG conference about urban media studies calls for papers and panels. The conference, organized by Faculty of Political Science of University of Zagreb, is held 24th to 25th September 2015.
The conference, titled “Urban Media Studies: Concerns, intersections and challenges” has confirmed Ole B. Jensen of Aalborg University as its keynote speaker.
The conference welcomes papers from following themes, and especially papers with any potential intersections
We specifically welcome submissions which deal with the following themes and especially abstracts with potential intersections between two or more fields of research:
- Historical connections between urban studies and media studies
- Urban spaces and media practices
- Urban sociality and media
- Mediation of urban daily life
- Media, architecture and urban design
- ‘Media cities’ as production clusters and complexes
- Performing and audiencing (in) the mediated city
- Media, urban power, resistance and conflict
- Media, gender and the city
- Media, ethnicity and the city
- Urban spaces of media consumption
- Urban law in the digitally sustained cities
- Mediated urban sensescapes
- Urban, outdoor and ambient advertising
- Fashion as urban communication
- Urban gaming
- Journalism and the city
- The city as a mediated ecosystem
- Urban mediation and spatial negotiations
- Methodologies of urban media studies
- Teaching about media and the city
Abstract and panel proposals should be submitted by 1st May 2015. More information
Abstract proposals (300 words) for presentations and panels, together with short bios, should be submitted to [email protected] by May 1st, 2015. Authors will be informed of acceptance by June 1st, 2015.
More information about the conference is available here and here.