Convergence is calling for papers for a special issue that aims to develop the conceptualisation and analysis of contemporary crossmedia use and users in order to study the implications for users themselves as well as for media companies and society at large.
Possible topics include:
- Conceptualisations of crossmedia in a personal media environment
- Changing relations between consumption and production (e.g. produsage, prosumption)
- Personalised and connective media use and its consequences
- The consequences of audience fragmentation for the measurement of media use and targeting
- New actor roles and forms of participation
- Power structures and flows in crossmedia communication
- Institutional and private crossmedia flows
- Audience studies adapted to cross media usage and users
Deadline for abstracts of no more than 500 words is due by 15 September 2015. Read further information here.