The journal Feminist Media Studies invites authors to send papers on the topic “Feminism, media and care”.
“The gendered dynamics of care have long been, and continue to be, a key concern for feminist scholars, particularly as responsibilities for care labor still fall disproportionately on women”, the CFP announcement states.
[spoiler title=’Possible paper topics might include, but are not limited to, the following’ collapse_link=’true’]
- Gendered dynamics of care labor
- Care labor and media industries
- Care, ageing and gender
- Gendered discourses of care
- Media representations of care
- Neoliberalism, gender and care
- Implications of diverse intersectionalities including generation, race, class, sexuality, ability
The Commentary and Criticism section of Feminist Media Studies aims to publish brief texts of about 1000 words. Submissions may pose a provocation, describe work in progress, or propose areas for future study. Book reviews, event reviews and unconventional contributions are also considered.
Deadline for contributions is 1 November 2016.
Email submission to both Susan Berridge ([email protected]) and Laura Portwood-Stacer ([email protected]). Contact them for further questions.
When submitting, please follow the Feminist Media Studies style guide.