Conflict, Trauma and the Media Conference in Liverpool is inviting papers for an one-day conference on the theme of conflict, community and representation in the media. The event intends to explore the question: what is the medias role in times of conflict?
Themes to explore might include:
- Conflict and conflict reporting
- Trauma narratives and representation
- Transnational collaboration and conflict
- Media as political and social discourse
- Genre-based inquiry
- Media representation of terrorism
- Production and Reception Histories
The conference is dated on 31 March 2016 and deadline for proposals is by 1 December 2015.