A symposium on fashion and non-fiction media is calling for submission proposals. The event is entitled “Sewing Reality: Fashion in Non-fiction Media” and it will be hosted by University of Bedfordshire in Luton, United Kingdom, on the 9th of June 2018.
The symposium seeks to investigate the role of non-fiction media in “shaping our understanding of fashion”. The organisers have provided the following list of suggested topics:
- Fashion documentaries
- Mockumentaries and the fashion world
- Reality shows and factual entertainment
- Fashion journalism
- Fashion blogs and celebrity bloggers
- Amateur footage and photography
- Newsreel material, industrial films and fashion archives
- Streaming fashion shows
Submission proposals are due on January 5th 2018, and acceptees will be notified by the end of January.
The full call for papers is available through the ECREA mailing list’s archive.