The Observatory for the Study of News Media Innovation in the Digital Era (OI^2) Conference “From Passive Audience to Active Citizen” is calling for papers. The event will bring together researchers from the academy and the media industry from all over the world. You can participate in two different ways: 1) presenting a communication and/or poster, or 2) attending the roundtable and events.
[spoiler title=’Topics include:’ style=’default’ collapse_link=’true’]
1. Role of social media in the news media.
2. Audience perspectives on fake news.
3. Technological innovation.
4. Content innovation.
5. Audience participation in the news.
6. New business models for media companies.
7. Measuring audiences in media interaction contexts.
8. Audiences as observers.[/spoiler]
Submission deadline: 26 January 2018
Notification due: 2 February 2018
OI2 Conference: 21-23 February 2018, Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University CEU San Pablo (Julián Romea 23, Madrid).
Read more on the conference website.