The 1st Lisbon Winter School for the Study of Communication is calling for papers. The winter school, held in 15-19 January 2019, will take a comparative and global approach to the study of media and populism across time.
[spoiler title=’The Winter School invites proposals by doctoral students and post-docs that address, though may not be not be strictly limited to, the topics below:’ style=’default’ collapse_link=’true’]
· Interactions between populists and the media
· Populist strategies of media intimidation
· Representation of populist movements and actors in the media
· Digital media and populist grass roots movements
· Populist rhetoric and discourse
· Media practice and populism
· International circulation of populist ideals
· Hate speech and stereotypes
· Social media and populism
· Alternative facts
· Fake news
· Information under threat
· Satire and populism
· Impact of populism on citizenry
Paper proposals should be sent by 15 July 2018. Presenters are required to send in full papers by 30 November 2018.
Read more from the Winter school website.