The MeCCSA 2019 conference, themed “Continuity & Change – Media, Communications & Politics”, and held in 9 – 11 January 2019 at the University of Stirling, is calling for papers.
The theme of the MeCCSA 2019 Conference is Continuity & Change – Media, Communications & Politics. The theme is designed to address the role of traditional and digital media and communications in maintaining continuity and advocating for political change, whilst also speaking to specific anniversaries significant to Scotland, including the 20th anniversary of the Scottish Parliament.
They invite proposals for scholarly papers, themed panels, posters, film screenings and other practice-based contributions, which engage with various social, political, economic, artistic, organisational, individual, collective and technological dimensions of continuity and change in media, communications and politics.
[spoiler title=’Potential topics could include, but are not limited to:’ style=’default’ collapse_link=’true’]
• Media activism and civic engagement
• Digital cultures
• Media, communications and politics in devolved political contexts
• Documenting political change
• Media archives and pedagogy
• Ways of witnessing
• Crisis and change communications
• Media representations of marginal groups
• Ethics, power and responsibility
• Scottish media and communications industries
• Academics in the media/mediated academics
• Cultural histories of film, media and communications in research and education[/spoiler]
Deadline for proposals: Friday 15 June 2018.
Link to full call for papers.