The conference “Ownership Structures and Managerial Challenges in the African Media and Telecommunications Sectors”, held 8-9 November 2018 at the University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is calling for papers.
The conference addresses ownership structures and managerial practices within the telecommunications and media sectors in Africa. Seeking not only to advance research in the field but also to stimulate a constructive dialogue between practitioners and academics, the conference dedicates one day to an academic workshop and one day to professional contributions.
We are particularly interested in theory-based and empirically sound submissions related to the conference theme.
[spoiler title=’With a view to telecommunications and media in African countries, research topics include but are not limited to:’ style=’default’ collapse_link=’true’]
• ownership structures/ foreign direct investment (FDI) and political and economic developments
• ownership structures/ FDI strategies and effects on sectoral development, including investment in advanced services needed by digital media players and diffusion of social media, gaming etc.
• ownership structures/ FDI strategies and local/indigenous language media development
• ownership structures/ FDI strategies and human resource management practices
• ownership structures/ FDI strategies and human capital development
• ownership structures/ FDI strategies and managerial and digital competence development
• managerial and organizational challenges of FDI
• ownership structures/ FDI strategies and convergence.[/spoiler]
Deadline for 500-word abstracts is 10 June 2018.
Link to full call for papers on the conference website.