Media, War & Conflict Journal’s tenth anniversary conference will be held on 22-23 May 2018 at Accademia Europea Di Firenze, Florence, Italy.
There have been significant transformations in the way war and conflict is produced, enacted, negotiated, remembered and ‘felt’ in, through and with media. The aim of the event is to consider, evaluate and reflect upon these transformations through the themes: Spaces of War and War of Spaces.
The organisers have proposed some topic suggestions, which includes such themes as:
- The ethics of war and media ethics
- Gender, war and media
- Digital media and war
- Memory, memorialization and commemoration
- War, media and the visual
- Narratives of war
- Cultural spaces of war (incl. heritage, museum etc)
- Popular culture and war (literature, film etc)
- War and gaming
- Media activism and war
- Journalism and war (historical, contemporary)
- Post war and media
- Conflict prevention, peacekeeping and media
- Terrorism, media and publics
- Military, security and media
- Publics, media and war
Deadline for abstracts: January 10, 2018. Further information is available on journal website.