A new edited book on war correspondence is looking for chapter proposals. The book’s title will be “Reporting from the Wars 1850 – 2015: The origins and evolution of the war correspondent” and it is to be published by Vernon Press.
The editors have suggested the following themes:
- Theoretical and Critical Approaches to Reporting from the Wars
- Reporting War: Analysis of Case Studies
- Journalistic Culture & Reporting War
- The Role of Propaganda on the Public during Wars
- The Portrayal of War as Entertainment
- The Use of Technology in War Reporting
Chapter proposals are due by the end of January 2017. Acceptees will be notified by February 15th, and full chapters are due by the end of April. The completed chapters will be reviewed by mid-August, and revised texts are to be delivered by the end of August 2017.
Further information on the book is available at the Vernon Press website. The full call for papers is available through the ECREA mailing list archive.