The Radio Research 2017 conference is now looking for paper submissions. The conference is organised by the European Communication Research and Education Association’s Radio Research section. It will take place between the 12th and 14th of September 2017 in Lublin, Poland.
The conference is entitled “Radio Relations” and it is interested in the relations between, for example, sound and reality or the radio-medium and news. The event organisers have listed the following topics and relations pertinent to them:
- audience, the relation radio-listener
- content, the relation sound-reality
- music, the relation sound-emotions
- journalism, the relation radio-news
- business, the relation radio-economy
- devices, the relation radio-technology
- community, the relation listener-listener
- genres, the relation theory-practics
- aesthetics, the relation form-content
- pedagogy, the relation content-education/edutainment
- ideology, the relation radio-politics/radio-religion/radio-history
The conference’s preferred language is English, and presentations are allotted 15 minutes each. Paper abstracts are due by April 15th, and acceptance decisions are made by the end of April.
Further information, such as the full call for papers, is available on the conference website.