The 5th annual International Symposium on Media Innovations held in 13-14 October 2016 at the University of Oslo, Norway is calling for papers.
The focus of the Media Innovations symposium is on evolutions and trends in the different media sectors. The symposium aims to explore how changing technologies, and changing modes of usage and engagement with media bring about innovation and transformation of the media industry. The symposium will be in two parts: An industry session and an academic session, both covering innovations in all media sectors.
Submissions are invited for papers on any aspect of media innovation, including the following topics:
- Innovation research through design
- Innovation in formats and genre
- Innovation in news
- Innovation in entertainment
- Innovation in business models
- Innovation in distribution and delivery (reaching the audience in new ways)
- Innovation in use
- Innovation in cross- and trans-media production, delivery, and use
- Innovation in advertising formats and strategies.
- Failed innovations: New products that did not succeed.
Submissions will be peer-reviewed. Extended abstracts of proposed papers, 750 words maximum, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines and Dates:
Best paper award will be announced during the conference. Selected papers from the symposium will be published in a special issue of the Journal of Media Innovations (https://www.journals.uio.no/index.php/TJMI/)
More information: Centre for Research on Media Innovations (CeRMI) website and the Facebook event of the symposium