The Linnæus University and Fojo: Media Institute will organise an international conference called Journalism in a world of terrorism. The conference takes place in Kalmar, Sweden 9-11 May 2017.
Themes for discussion
- Safety of journalists and the issue of impunity
- Reporting legal issues and human rights
- Semantics: uses of words such as ‘terrorism’ and ‘terrorist’
- Protection of journalists’ integrity and independence
- Consequence of social media and new ICTs on terrorism reporting
Deadline for abstracts is on 15th February 2017. The full call for paper is available on Nordicom website here.