The third International Journal of Press/Politics conference is now accepting paper proposals. The conference will take place between the 27th and 29th of September this year in Oxford, United Kingdom. Accepted papers will be considered for publication in the IJPP.
The conference “is open to work from political science, political communication, journalism studies, media and communications research and many other fields”. The organisers have provided the following list of suggested topics:
- the political implications of current changes in the media
- the relative importance of new forms of digital media for engaging with news and politics
- the role of entertainment and popular culture in how people follow current affairs
- relations between political actors and journalists
- political communication beyond the electoral context
Abstracts must be submitted by the end of March, and acceptees will be notified by April 28th. Full papers are due by August 25th.
The full call for papers is available on the Reuters Institute website.