Italian Political Science Association is calling for papers for their XXIX annual conference held 10th to 12th September 2015. The event is organised by Società Italiana di Scienza Politica of University of Calabria, Department of Political and Social Sciences.
One of the panels (5.4) in the conference is focused on Information Politics in the hybrid public spaces. It focuses on the transformation of the processes of production, distribution and consumption of information. The panel calls to question the role of journalists as the main intermediaries of public discourse.
Deadline for proposals for papers (300 words) is 20th May 2015.[spoiler title=’See preferred topics and submission guidelines under the cut’ collapse_link=’true’]
- The transformation of information sources, the emergence of new actors involved in the production/distribution of news and the issue of their credibility/authenticity
- Renovation on the information content (news) and criteria behind the selection, prioritization and public visibility (nouns of news values, criteria of newsworthiness, etc.)
- The change in journalistic activities in the strict sense, observing how information professionals (journalists, informative publications, networks) integrate social media (specific logic and grammar) in the activity journalistic routine
- The role of satisfaction, feedback and comments on the news for information processes: monitoring / quantitative data (google analytics, Amazon, etc.) by the editorial offices
- Changes concerning the consumption of news and dissemination of new forms of participation of the public / users (social television; wiki experiences, etc.)
- The emergence of collaborative dynamics between the different actors and the renewal of the forms of mutual interaction (journalists and politicians, journalists and citizens, politicians and citizens, etc.)
- The use of social media by political actors aimed to set the agenda in the new ecosystem of information.
Proposals for papers, no more than 300 words, must be received by e-mail to the two Chairs of the panel is 20th May 2015. Include the title of the paper, an abstract, and the name, affiliation and e-mail address of the author(s).
Emails for submission are firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for presenting a paper proposal is 24th May 2015.