ECREA’s international, biannual conference on communication, development and human rights is looking for paper submissions. The conference is organised by ECREA’s International and Intercultural Communication Section, and will be held in Bellaterra, Barcelona, in November 19th to 20th November 2015 in Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona Facultat de Ciències de la Comunicació.
The two-day conference discusses the role of media in international (news) media flows, intercultural communication and communication for development and social change.
Paper proposals are welcome from following broad areas of inquiry
- Global Communication: media flows and contra-flows
- Communication, human development and social change
- Global information and communication rights
- New media and social movements across borders
- Media for democracy and its interaction with international regulation and policy
- Intercultural communication, diaspora, migrations and community media
- Global journalism, foreign news reporting and alternative (news) media
Deadline for proposals is 8th June, registration deadline for the conference is 30th September 2015.
See further instructions and information here.