Mediated Girlhoods: New Explorations of Girls’ Media Culture, Volume 2 is calling for papers. Part of Mediated Youth book series, the second volume of Mediated Girlhoods will feature new research on girls, media and culture.
Of particular interest are papers that expand scholarship on girls’ media beyond its conventional white, adolescent, middle-class, heterosexual, Western, and presentist frameworks. The publication is especially interested in the following topics:
- visual and sonic aesthetics in girls’ media
- girls and convergent media
- girls and media franchises
- girls and celebrity culture
- girlhood in reality TV shows
- girlhood in documentary film
- girls and music culture
- girls’ media reception and fan practices
- girls’ media production
- girl activists and media culture
- girls and gaming
- girls and mobile technologies
- girls and sports media
- boys and girls’ media culture
Please send your paper, a brief author’s bio, and contact information to Morgan Blue email@example.com or Mary Celeste Kearney firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 1 October 2015.
Papers should be no more than 6,000 words in length. MLA citation style preferred. Notification of accepted papers will be made by December 31, 2015.