A conference on the ethics in sports journalism, entitled “Sports Journalism: ethical vacuum or ethical minefield?”, is calling for paper proposals. The event is organised by the Institute of Communication Ethics. It will be held on the 27th of October 2017 in London, United Kingdom.
The organisers have provided a list of suggested themes, which includes such topics as:
- Too cosy a relationship? Sports journalists and sports PR managers
- Taking the (click)bait: are website visitor targets undermining high-quality sports journalism?
- Covering diversity in sports – issues of representation in sports coverage
- Branded content – is it in danger of killing independent sports journalism?
- How should ethics and regulation be taught to sports journalists, both in industry and on training courses?
Paper abstracts are due by July 1st. The full call for papers is available through the ECREA mailing list archive.