The International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) is calling for proposals for its 2016 conference. The event is titled Memory, Commemoration and Communication: Looking Back, Looking Forward and it is looking to feature a myriad of different takes on the topic. For journalism scholars the association’s Journalism Research and Education (JRE) section should be of especial interest.
The JRE section has chosen the following five subtopics for its portion of the conference:
1. International Collaboration in Journalism Research: New Challenges and Emergent Perspectives
2. Innovations in Journalism
3. The Professional Journalism
4. Methods for Quantifying Professional Journalism
5. Generic Studies of Journalism
The conference will be held at the University of Leicester, United Kingdom. The event will begin on the 27th of July, and will end on the 31st. Abstracts can be submitted starting from December 1st and up until February the 15th. Full submissions are due by the end of June.
Further information of the conference is available here, and the JRE section’s call for papers can be found here.