OBETS. Revista de Ciencias Sociales is calling for papers for its special issue Communication and social change. The proposals should focus on the analysis of the interrelations between communication processes, civil society and social change. The aim of the journal is the dissemination of academic studies in order to contribute to a better understanding of contemporary society.
Submissions should address questions such as the following:
- Communication and social change: epistemologies and indicators
- Discourses, representations and empowerment
- Journalism, media and social change
- Commercial communication and social change
- Social mobilization and communication
- Cyberactivism and social movements
- Education and media
- Transmedia narratives, artivism and social change
Papers are published in Spanish, English, Italian, Portuguese and Catalan. Deadline for sending articles is due by October 1 2015. More information is available here.