Journal of Arab & Muslim Media Research is looking for papers for a special issue on Al-Jazeera phenomenon and global journalism.
The journal wishes to receive submissions especially from following topics:
[spoiler title=’See the list of topics and submission guideslines’ collapse_link=’true’]
- Cross-country comparative studies on Al-Jazeeras audiences
- Comparative studies between Al-Jazeeras news coverage and the coverage of other international news networks
- Al-Jazeeras reporting of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict
- Al-Jazeera and the Arab Spring revolutions
- The Arab street in Al-Jazeeras coverage Al-Jazeera English VS Al-Jazeera
- Arabic Women in Al-Jazeera
- Use of new technologies in news reporting: Social media/drones etc.
- Al-Jazeeras democratising role in the Arab region
- Objectivity and professionalism in Al-Jazeeras news reporting
- Studies about Al-Jazeeras genres Al-Jazeeras impact on Arab broadcasting
- Al-Jazeera and diasporic audiences Recording history, the alternative discourse.
Manuscripts should be between 7 000 and 8 500 words in main text and 200 – 250 words in abstract.
All submissions will be blind-refereed.
The manuscripts and abstracts should be submitted to editor Noureddine Miladi to firstname.lastname@example.org
The journal asks submitters to refer to the Contributor Guidelines for the Journal of Arab and Muslim Media Research here before submitting papers.
Abstracts (200 – 250) and authors bio (100 words) along with full contact details are due 25th May.
Full papers are due 25th September. Expected publication of the special issue (Volume 9, Issue 1) is March/April 2016.