The International Media Management Academic Association (IMMAA) Annual Conference 2017 titled “Media Sustainability, Value Creation and Public Policies” is calling for papers.
The 2017 conference will focus on the implications of disruption in media markets for management strategy and educational practice. Following is a non-exhaustive list of topics for which IMMAA is encouraging submissions.
– Journalism and media sustainability
– Value creation and business models
– Media audiences and research and metrics
– The temporal aspects of competition in media markets
– Disruption and innovation in media markets
– Venture capital, crowdfunding and media financing
– Media business and telecommunication
– Cooperation and competition in media markets
– Public policies and state subsidies for media
– Media concentration and policy responses
– Media entrepreneurship and small companies
– Media brands, marketing and communication
– Media business research methods
– Media education and methodologies
– Productivity and the management of creative people
– Social responsibility in media industries
– Assessing performance for media companies and media markets
– The dynamics of Iberian American media markets and media systems
– The dynamics of Asian media markets and media systems
Paper submissions and panel proposals will be judged based on extended abstracts that should be between 5 and 7 pages long.
- May 31, 2017 – Deadline for submitting abstracts and panel proposals
- June 15, 2017 – Notification of abstract or panel proposal acceptance
- July 15, 2017 – Deadline for reduced early-bird registration fee
- August 15, 2017 – Final registration deadline
- September 11 and 12, 2017 – IMMAA CONFERENCE
Read detailed instructions from the IMMAA website.