• How do right-wing media represent themselves? Do they emphasise their role as alternative media contrary to mainstream media? How is the relationship to other media? For example, are there opportune connections to established mainstream media, e.g. citations of or links to mainstream media articles?
• Who are the recipients of alternative right-wing media? How do they think about political issues and about established media? Is there a connection between media scepticism (the “liar press” accusations in Germany and the “fake news” allegations in the US are still part of the public discussion) and the use of alternative media?
• Who are the producers of alternative media in the right-wing sector? Do they have a professional background in journalism? Which political views do they have?
• Do right-wing alternative media have elements of participating journalism or are they used to promote the political standpoints of the producers?
• Is there a closed counter public sphere in the right-wing spectrum? Can we perceive effects of echo chambers or filter bubbles (Pariser, 2011)?