The European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA) is holding its next conference in Switzerland between October and November this year. The conference will be preceded by a number of official pre-conferences, one of which is entitled “Information Diversity and Media Pluralism in the Age of Algorithms”. The pre-conference will take place on the 31st of October.
The event organisers have provided the following list of key questions, which submissions should address:
- What is diversity beyond political ideology?
- How much diversity is needed for a functioning democracy?
- How can diversity and pluralism be measured?
- How can we insure sufficient pluralism in the current media landscape?
- How does information diversity und media pluralism differ across countries?
Abstracts should be submitted by the end of April, and acceptees will be notified by June 15.
The full call for papers is available on the pre-conference website.