The journal Versus is calling for article proposals for its upcoming thematic issue entitled “Fake news, misinformation/disinformation, post-truth”. The journal is specialized, as per its full title, in “semiotics and the philosophy of language”. The issue at hand will look at so-called fake news through this perspective.
The issue is edited by Piero Polidoro, of The Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta. The editor calls for both empirical and theoretical works, and has proposed following topics (also emphasizing the list is not exhausting):
- Theoretical aspects of the semiotic and philosophical thought about truth, reference, facts and interpretations
- Taxonomies and definitions of the different kinds of fake news and of misinformation/disinformation actions or of other key-concepts involved in the debate about post-truth and fake news
- Rhetoric, narrative, discursive aspects and text analyses of fake news and misinformation/disinformation
- Truth and trust as an effect of text, context and circumstances
- Semiotic relations among post-truth, fake news, misinformation/ disinformation and other textual and cultural phenomena, such as virality and conspiracy theories
Abstracts must be submitted by December 30th, and authors will be notified of acceptance by January 15th 2018. Full papers are due by the end of April.
The full call for papers is available on the journal’s website.