The journal Media & Communication is calling for article proposals for its upcoming thematic issue on “Media and minorities”. The issue will be edited by Leen d’Haenens and Willem Joris, both of KU Leuven, and it is scheduled for publication in early 2019. The journal is open access.
The issue will consider minorities as subjects, producers, and consumers of media. The editors have provided a (non-exhaustive) list of topic proposals, including:
- Media representation of minorities (e.g. minority women)
- News media diversity: content diversity, user diversity, diversity seen from the angle of the producer
- Diversity of identities and diversity of opinions as expressed in media
- The role of ethnic media, social media, social movements
- Alternative media and empowerment of minorities
Article abstracts must be submitted by the end of February 2018, and full papers are due on September 30.
The full call for papers is available on the publisher’s website.