A conference on the safety of journalists covering conflict and sensitive issues is calling for paper proposals. The event will take place on the 2nd and 3rd of November 2017 in Oslo, Norway. Best papers will be considered for a peer-reviewed publication, the organisers have announced.
The event is interested in both practitioners’ and scholars’ perspectives on the safety of journalists. The following, non-exhaustive, list of topic suggestions is included in the call for papers:
- Education and training
- Legal issues and policy making
- Culture and gender
- Working conditions and media production
- Source protection and the digital era
- Hate speech, defamation and libel
- Journalist roles and fixers
- NGOs and the safety of journalists
Paper abstracts must be sent before June 23rd.
The full call for papers is available on the organising research group’s website.