The European Communication Research and Education Association is calling for contribution proposals for an upcoming conference on media education. The conference, entitled “Trial & Error II: Innovation and trends between the classroom and the company”, is being organized by a temporary ECREA working group on “Journalism and Communication Education Research”.
The event will be hosted by the University of Minho, in Braga, Portugal. The conference will take place on the 10th and 11th of May 2018.
The conference is interested in contemporary changes in media education – both realized and needed. The organizers have provided a (non-exhaustive) list of potential topics, which includes:
- Experiments in multimedia narratives and tools
- New training profiles: Social Media Manager, MOJO, Data journalist, specialized, etc
- New business models in communication
- Training future media professionals in social awareness, ethics and critical thinking
- Applicability of research in the classroom
The conference is open to papers, panels and workshop sessions. All contribution proposals must be submitted by March 19, and acceptees will be notified by April 2.
The full call for papers is available on the conference website.