Feminist Media Studies Research Group at the University of East Anglia invites proposals for an international symposium on Gender, Media and the Middle East. The symposium is intended to bring together scholars from around the world interested in exploring these topics in relation to a range of media including film, television, radio, video, and digital media. Papers may be historical or contemporary in scope. It will be held on 21 April 2018 at the University of East Anglia.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- women’s media production in the Middle East
- feminist activism and/in the media
- women’s use of media in the Middle East
- gender politics, cultural identity and Middle Eastern media
- women as consumers of Middle Eastern media
Abstracts of 250 words should be sent by 16 February 2018. We will notify applicants by 5 March 2018.
Link to full call for papers.