The journal Communication and Society is calling for papers. The theme of the issue is “Lusophone studies and Communication Sciences”.
[spoiler title=’Papers on the following topics should be submitted:’ style=’default’ collapse_link=’true’]
– Media, citizenship and democracy in the Portuguese-speaking world
– Colonialism, post-colonialism and social memory
– Globalization and Trans-cultural and Trans-national Identity-based Narratives
– Language policies in Portuguese-speaking countries;
– Policies on communication and culture, hegemonic cultures and cultural subalternization
– Communication of scientific knowledge, open access to knowledge, digital repositories and virtual museums
– Info-technologies and info-exclusion in the Portuguese-speaking world;
– Cyberspace as a new public space for the Portuguese language;
– Production of digital content (cultural and artistic) in Portuguese;
– The Orthographic Agreement in the daily lives of Portuguese-speaking citizens;
– Communication and development in the Portuguese-speaking world[/spoiler]
The proposed papers should be sent by 15 May 2018. Publication is scheduled for December 2018.
Read the full call for papers (.pdf).