The conference “Contemporary Developments on Media, Culture and Society: Argentina and Latin America” is calling for papers. The conference, organized by The Center for the Study of Media and Society in Argentina (MESO), will take place on Friday, October 19, 2018, at Universidad de San Andrés in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Submissions should contribute to ongoing conversations about media, culture, and society in empirical, theoretical or methodological ways. They might also broaden our knowledge about the relationship between media, culture, and society at the national and regional level. Articles may refer to different aspects of communication, media, and cultural goods and services in the areas of journalism, entertainment -cinema, theater, television, music, etc. – advertising and marketing, public relations, social media, and video games, among others.
Topics to be addressed include the following, among others:
- Transformations in content production.
- Change in the use of media.
- Innovation and technological change.
- Media sustainability and funding.
- Gender, race, ethnicity, and identity.
- State, government and civil society.
- Regulation and public policies.
- Political communication and electoral campaigns.
- Production, distribution and consumption of information on social media.
The deadline for submission is 15 April 2018.
See the full call for papers on the ECREA mailing list.