The Journalism Across Borders conference is calling for paper proposals. The event is organised by the German Communication Association and will be hosted by the Technische Universität Ilmenau. The conference dates are 26th-28th September 2018.
The conference is entitled “The Production and ‘Produsage’ of News in the Era of Transnationalization, Destabilization and Algorithmization”. The organisers have proposed the following seven themes, although contributions are not restricted to them.
- Conceptualization of cross-border journalism: How do we define cross-border / transnational journalism in the early 21st century?
- Political, legal, economic, and normative context of cross-border journalism
- Organizations, structures and routines of cross-border journalism
- Production, produsage and products of cross-border journalism
- Actors and networks of cross-border journalism
- Trends and future of cross-border journalism
- Methodological and theoretical challenges of cross-border journalism research
Papers should be submitted by April 15th 2018. Acceptance decisions will be communicated by May 30th.
The full call for papers is available on the Technische Universität Ilmenau’s website.