The 9th Nordic Work Life Conference is now accepting paper proposals. The Section 3 of the event is dedicated to changes in journalists’ work life and is entitled “Journalists’ Working Lives in Flux: New Challenges, New Opportunities?”. The conference will take place in Oslo, Norway, between the 13th and 15th of June 2018.
The session organisers welcome any contributions related to the theme, but they have also proposed a number of topics, including:
- What are the impacts of precarious labour, budget cuts and overall worsening material conditions of work on journalists’ working lives and their well-being?
- How much control do journalists exercise over the material conditions and spaces of their work?
- What differences do we find in journalists’ working conditions in different countries?
- How do the casualization of journalistic labour and increased competition contribute towards concerns about journalists’ safety and security?
- How have news organizations labour-related practices developed as a response to the challenges that the journalistic profession faces?
Paper abstracts must be submitted by November 15th 2017, and acceptees will be notified on December 1st. Full submissions (extended abstracts or short papers) are due on May 15th 2018.
The full call for papers is available on the conference website.